Opt-in to have Bounce Back Protection available on your Debit Card
What You Need To Know About Overdrafts & Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We use the available balance method to determine whether your account is overdrawn, that is, whether there is enough money in your account to cover a transaction. Please see Jackson River Community Credit Union’s Membership Agreement, Section 14. C – Understanding Your Account Balance, for more information and a further explanation of these services, which terms and conditions are expressly incorporated herein. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to your savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about this plan.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Jackson River Community Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Jackson River Community Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call us at (504) 962-6154 or complete the form below and present/mail it to:
Jackson River Community Credit Union
347 N. Court Avenue
Covington, VA 24426
You have the right to revoke your decision for overdraft coverage on ATM and everyday debit card transactions at any time by contacting the credit union by phone or in person.