What does JRCCU do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and Checking Account Information
- Overdraft History and Payment History
- Employment Info and Credit Scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share member's personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their member's personal information; the reasons Jackson River Community chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
- For nonaffiliates to market to you
These forms of personal information sharing cannot be limited.
Information we don't share:
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
What we do
How does JRCCU protect my personal data?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does JRCCU collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open a membership or Apply for a loan
- Show your driver's license or Provide employment information
- Use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- JRCCU does not have affiliates
- Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Nonaffiliates we share with can include insurance companies.
- Joint marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- JRCCU does not participate in joint marketing programs
Other important information
To limit sharing of personal information with Non-affiliates, please email the credit union at